Friday, August 14, 2020 – Fifteen young leaders will be the first to be recognized in the Canadian fair industry as Certified CAFE Agents (CCA), a title that is earned following the completion of the Youth Inspired! Program. The Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions (CAFE) developed the Youth Inspired! Program in 2019 thanks to support from the Government of Canada as a way to deliver custom programming and professional development opportunities specific to youth involved and interested in the industry.
Young leaders in the fair industry were required to complete the following to earn CCA status:
● Complete a work experience at a Canadian fair or exhibition;
● Get involved in their community;
● Attend the annual CAFE Convention and take part in a custom Youth Inspired! Program
● Host a local outreach activity to share their experience and help youth realize their potential as Future Leaders;
● Take part in a 6-month group coaching program with Smile Inside Out Consulting;
● Join the National Future Leaders Team (NFLT), a youth-led project that supports CAFE.
CAFE is pleased to announce the first group of Certified CAFE Agents.
● Nathan Anderson – Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies
● Hayley Campbell – Pontiac Agricultural Society
● Kaitlyn Courchesne – Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions
● Gillian Davidson – Hants County Exhibition
● Lynda Franc – North American Midway Entertainment
● Shannon Gillan – Carp Agricultural Society
● Naomi Lawson-Baird – Calgary Stampede
● Daniel Litwack – Canadian National Exhibition
● Ashley Nelson – Westerner Park
● Cassandra Nicol – Northlands
● Samantha Salois – Société d’Agriculture de Missiquoi
● Megan Tackaberry – Calgary Stampede
● Lauren Tozer – New Brunswick Provincial Exhibition
● Karen Van Staveren – Collingwood Agricultural Society
● Ashley Warner – Calgary Stampede
This year, a new group of youth will enroll in the Youth Inspired! Program and work towards earning their CCA. Applications are open for youth 18 to 30 years of age to apply. Details on the Youth Inspired! program can be found at: https://www.canadianfairs.ca/youth-inspired
“We enjoyed having the opportunity to work with and learn from youth in the Youth Inspired! Program. We value their dedication and willingness to support CAFE in the various projects that the National Future Leaders Team has focused on and look forward to continuing to work with them. Congratulations everyone!" said Christina Franc, CAFE Executive Director.
“On behalf of the Government of Canada, I’d like to congratulate the first 15 recipients of the Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions’ Certified Agent designation,” said the Honourable Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Canadian Heritage. “Thanks to CAFE, these young people have distinguished themselves by demonstrating their excellence and leadership in the Canadian fair and event industry. Congratulations on this accomplishment and your involvement in this field.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Holly Campbell, Program Coordinator
The Canadian Association of Fairs & Exhibitions is a registered charity, which represents 743 fairs and agricultural societies across Canada. CAFE is committed to fostering excellence through innovative leadership with partners and key stakeholders, providing meaningful resources, collaborating to increase national awareness and ensuring a sustainable future for the fair and event industry.
About the Youth Take Charge Program
Canadian Heritage's Youth Take Charge program supports youth-led projects that exemplify the ability to strengthen youth attachment to Canada through engagement. It gives young people an opportunity to learn more about their country's rich history and diversity, and to become citizens actively involved in their communities.