Terms & Conditions
1. CAFE welcomes amateur only photographers to enter the CAFE Photography Competition.
2. The photography image has to be appropriate to that theme/category. CAFE photography Competition Committee may use their discretion to determine if a photo is unsuitable. If the photo is deemed to not be suitable for the category the photo will be disqualified.
Category #1 – "Fair Spirit" to include anything of the following:
Being a Canadian
At-home midway adaptations (your take on rides, games, and food from home)
Entertainment - summer activities that remind you of being at the fair, other activities organized by your fair organization
People - families having fun, community connections
Humor – anything that is humorous such as silly faces, animals, signs with funny quotes etc.
3. Deadline: October 16, 2020
4. Entries are limited to three per person.
5. CAFE Board members and staff are not eligible to enter.
6. Images that are digitally enhanced or modified are acceptable entries.
7. Images must be submitted in JPEG (JPG) format. Images should be submitted in the best quality and the file size should not exceed 2MB.
8. Entrants must be 18 years old or older to enter in the contest otherwise submission will be disqualified.
9. CAFE is not responsible for lost entries, misdirected entries, unreadable entries or entries that have any defects or faculties.
10. The top 12 winning photos will be displayed in the 2021 CAFE virtual calendar and recognized through social media and in the Canadian Fair News, as well as being entered into the People's Choice Awards. Top12 winners will also receive a prize.
11. During the judging process, judges will not be made aware of the identity of the photographer. The judges will make all decisions and once selected, the winners are final.
12. A virtual calendar will be presented to all the winners.
13. CAFE has the right to use all photography images submission through the CAFE Photography Competition that have been entered through the CAFE website, in the CAFE photo bank for royalty-free and non-attributed use by all Canadian fairs, and can be used in promotional media that is associated with the competition. By entering this contest, the entrant gives their full consent to the Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions, its legal representatives, and all those acting with its authority and permission, the absolute right and permission to copyright, use, publish and exhibit the photographs, video images and audio recordings provided by the entrant and/or their organization in perpetuity.
14. CAFE is not responsible for the reuse, misuse or any other use of the images submitted to the contest and posted in CAFE’s photo bank.
15. The Photography Competition Committee and CAFE reserve the right to make any final decisions on all matters as well as the right to change, reject, alter, and/or rearrange parts or all of these competition rules and regulations at any time.
16. By submitting an entry, the entrant accepts all the conditions, rules and regulations of the competition, CAFE and the Photography Competition Committee.
17. INDEMNIFICATION - All entrants shall, to the extent not covered by the indemnified party’s insurance, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the other party and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and owners from and against any and all demands, claims, damages to persons or property, losses, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees (collectively, “Claims”), arising solely out of or solely caused by the indemnifying party’s negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the contest as contemplated by this Agreement. This paragraph shall not waive any statutory limitations of liability available to either party, including innkeepers’ limitation of liability laws, nor shall it waive any defenses either party may have with respect to any Claim.
18. COMPLIANCE - This Agreement is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including health and safety codes, alcoholic beverage control laws, disability laws, federal anti-terrorism laws and regulations, and the like. The entrant and Canadian Association of Fairs and Exhibitions agree to cooperate with each other to ensure compliance with such laws.